Northeast Wisconsin's Premier Home Buying Company
Call Today! 920-333-1569
“Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.”
Mindset is key to any endeavor in life - if your mind is right, the time is right.
But when it comes to real estate investing, mindset might be even more important than it is in any other area. Real estate investing is hard; it takes effort, perseverance, and dedication. When those things are in play, you need to have the mental strength to deal with the hardships that arise.
Christopher Lombardi, a developer from Point Pleasant Beach, NJ helps outline what that kind of mindset looks like with seven key steps:
1. Realize your potential. Lombardi says that confidence is key – everyone needs to see that they have the potential to reach their goals.
2. Don’t look back. You’re going to fail. You’re going to make mistakes. But it’s important to keep moving forward and learn from those mistakes rather than dwell on them. The more mistakes you make, the more lessons you can learn.
3. Dream big. Have lofty goals and high aspirations. Figure out what you want out of life and out of your business, and don’t be afraid to set the bar high. If you shoot for the moon, you’ll land among the stars.
4. Create a strong business plan. Organize your strategies, create a blueprint for success. Include prospecting, listing strategies, follow-up techniques, network ideas and other ways to boost awareness of your company and your brand.
5. Don’t give up. As with anything in life, keep fighting through, even when the challenge seems overwhelming.
6. Have the right attitude. As the Bruce Lee quote above explains, if you don’t accept defeat, defeat will not become a reality. Create the right focus, stick to your plan and endure.
7. Stop complaining. Lombardi argues that there is a correlation between complaining about difficulties and success. If you spend too much time worrying and complaining about failures (which are going to happen), you’re wasting too much time and energy on the negative. See challenges as opportunities rather than problems.
Finally, Lombardi says keep it simple – enjoy what you’re doing.
Get A Fast, Fair Offer For Your Home Today!
We are local experienced real estate investors who look to serve you in Green Bay, Appleton, and across Northeastern Wisconsin and specialize in off-market properties.