NE Wisconsin's Premier Real Estate Solution Company
Call Today! 920-333-1569
Is selling your home at the top of your list of New Year’s resolutions? Certainly, NEWJOY can help with that in myriad ways. But what kinds of things should you do to get your property ready?
According to First Weber Realty, one of the top real estate companies in the area, there are seven things home sellers should be doing to prepare to make this New Year’s resolution one of the resolutions you actually keep.
1. Start spring cleaning now. Declutter and depersonalize your home to make things look roomier and ready for prospective buyers.
2. Stage your home. Rearrange the furniture. Add some brightly-colored paintings. Essentially, make your property look more aesthetically pleasing to the buyers about to walk through it.
3. Take time to think through any renovations or upgrades. Don’t overspend or guess on what things you should or shouldn’t do. Take time, make a pros and cons list, and be sure you’re ready to spend on what you actually need to spend on.
4. Take care of those neglected repairs. Have things around the house that you’ve been meaning to fix and just haven’t had the time? Well, simply, now is that time. If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, then get to work. If you’re not, hire someone to take care of the issues that have been plaguing your home for who knows how long.
5. Interview real estate agents to find the one who fits your needs, and more importantly, one you feel truly comfortable with.
6. Research the competition. Check out Zillow and take a drive to look at some of the similar homes for sale in your area. This will give you an idea of what your time table for selling may look like, how to stage your home, and especially pricing.
7. Mentally prepare yourself for the sale. This may be the sneakily most important step. Selling a home can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Prepare yourself for those low-ball offers and picky buyers. If you’re ready for them before they happen, you can take them in stride.
Or, if you’re in a situation where you’re simply ready to move on from your property, for whatever reason, contact Dan or Diana at NEWJOY. Our home-buying process is simple and pain-free, and more importantly for some people, incredibly fast. Eliminate all the stress that could come your way and let us do all the work!ntent here.
Get A Fast, Fair Offer For Your Home Today!
We are local experienced real estate investors who look to serve you in Green Bay, Appleton, and across Northeastern Wisconsin and specialize in off-market properties.